Last post May 04, 2006 08:47 AM by mtbiker
May 02, 2006 10:45 AM|mtbiker|LINK
I have an internal web site that is accessed primarily by Blackberry users. Recently I converted the site from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0. The pages that use controls that dynamically create the java script quit working. The blackberry browser would report
a JVM error 104 IllegalArgumentException - A problem occurred while trying to render the page.
Does anyone have any ideas how to get around my problem with the Blackberry browser? Has anyone seen this behavior with other browsers?
Thanks in advance.
May 02, 2006 06:15 PM|jstersd|LINK
May 04, 2006 08:47 AM|mtbiker|LINK
I guess I'm just a rebel without a cause.
No really... I support quite a few applications and code built with VS 2005 and I currently only have VS 2005 loaded on my development machine. I knew that there were
compatibility issues with the mobile web components but I was unaware of
compatibility issues with the standard web components (I may be out of touch a little). So when I was asked to make some changes to the web site I didn't give it a second thought to load it
into a test environment with the VS 2005. At first glance everything worked fine (with IE). When I started to do some more in depth testing (Blackberry browser not emulating IE or Netscape) is when I noticed the problems. The production site is still up
and running fine on .Net 1.1.
I can override the page render events and fix the java script for the Blackberry browsers with VS 2005 and .NET 2, but this fix seems a little hokey. I was hoping someone would have better solution.
I guess now I need to determine if I load VS 2003 and make the site changes under that environment or I move forward with VS 2005 overriding the render events. I just didn't care for either one of these solutions and was hoping for some magic pixy dust