Last post Apr 25, 2006 04:16 PM by Dilbert
Apr 25, 2006 04:16 PM|Dilbert|LINK
ASP.NET 2.0, C#
MS SQL Server 2005
Scope of work
Develop a web-based ERP solution for the infrastructure industry. The application will enable an infrastructure firm to retain a truly horizontal organizational hierarchy and lay down operational processes, while ensuring compliance.
The application has 17 user groups and hence an equal number of modules. The detailed requirement specifications and interfaces have already been created. (Interfaces are in HTML format and need to be converted into ASP.NET forms
and user controls.)
Approach to implementation
Since this will be a 3-tier application, the sequential approach would be:
- Design exhaustive user interfaces (currently in HTML format) [Completed]
- Design the database using the requirement specifications documents and interface designs
- Develop the 17 modules separately, but using the same central database
- Integrate the 17 modules into a single application, particularly addressing the user access rights and other issues
- Testing the application
Terms and conditions
This project is not yet formally sponsored by a client, but I am plugged into a leading firm that is desperately scouting for this solution. While I do not promise any compensation, I assure you that I will share 50% of the earnings with you, if the firm buys
our product. If more than one talented programmer volunteers to work on this, I will reduce my stake to 40% and distribute the rest among you guys.
If we are to make any money out of this, the project must be completed real fast. I expect you would put in at least 4 hours every weekday into this.
So why take this up?
1. If you have an appetite for challenges, this one's tailor-made for you. This is not an easy project by any means.
2. I work as a consultant for seven of the Fortune 100 companies, so if we hit it off well, I could divert some lucrative assignments your way in the future.
3. I am a stickler for processes. Maybe you'd enjoy the experience of discovering how much more you are capable of, with the right processes and right associates around you.
If you are absolutely confident you want to do this (remember, you must have time and skills at your disposal), email me at