Last post Apr 11, 2006 09:00 AM by Altsoft
Apr 11, 2006 09:00 AM|Altsoft|LINK
Altsoft is proud to announce the immediate availability of the new version 3.0 of its .NET based Xml2PDF formatting engine.
The major new features of the new version include:
- Significant refactoring and optimization that makes the new version about
3-4 times faster and 2-3 times less memory consuming than the current commercial 2.x release;
- New output formats: SVG Basic, raster images and GDI output;
- The possibility to embed any supported format into any other; for example, SVG files can embed now XSL-FO pages;
- Improved typography including the support of OpenType fonts with Type1 outlines and kernings.
- The support for MathML as an external graphics format;
- The support for multipage floats;
- Extended XSL-FO 1.1 support;
- New extensions for absolutely positioned floats and tabulation support.
- Support for absolutely positioned boxes;
- Tabulation support;
- Overall performance and quality improvements.
- Improved floats support;
- Support for paged media module from CSS 3.0;
- Support for different media types.
All together Xml2PDF 3.0 supports the following file formats:
- Input XML formats: XSL-FO, SVG, XHTML, WordML, MathML.
- Output formats: PDF, raster graphics (TIFF, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WMF), SVG (Basic profile).
The formatting engine is implemented as pure managed .NET components and can be easily integrated into any .NET-based solution. It does not
use any third-party applications or COM components.
The following Xml2PDF editions are available into Xml2PDF 3.0 Release:
- Xml2PDF Workstation, a dialog-based GUI application that validates and converts any supported format to a number of output formats reporting
all errors and warnings.
- Xml2PDF Viewer, a rich GUI application that displays any supported XML format on screen and provides scaling, navigation and printing functionality.
It can also save opened XML documents to any of the supported output formats.
- Xml2PDF Hotfoloder, a hotfolder based formatting engine tracing and processing all incoming files in parallel threads.
- Xml2PDF API, the .NET component providing access to Xml2PDF formatting functionality via the standard .NET interface.
Evaluation versions of Xml2PDF Workstation, Viewer and Hotfolder editions are freely available for download at:
All these editions require Microsoft .NET 1.1 framework installed.
The Xml2PDF API edition is available for both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 frameworks. Please, forward your requests to
firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the 30-days evaluation key for Xml2PDF API edition.
email@example.com in case of any technical questions.
April 11, 2006