Last post Mar 31, 2006 11:47 AM by rickla1
Mar 28, 2006 08:32 PM|rickla1|LINK
I used to see just a few of the exception below, but now they're running rampant! Can anyone help me figure it out & resolve it before it really hurts? The exception is as follows:
InnerException: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'SearchItem' with unique index 'IX_SearchItem'. The statement has been terminated.
Message: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'SearchItem' with unique index 'IX_SearchItem'. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior
runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(String
connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(String connectionString, String spName, Object parameterValues) at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.AddSearchItem(String
Title, String Description, Int32 Author, DateTime PubDate, Int32 ModuleId, String Key, String Guid, Int32 ImageFileId) at DotNetNuke.Services.Search.SearchDataStoreController.AddSearchItem(SearchItemInfo item) at DotNetNuke.Services.Search.SearchDataStore.StoreSearchItems(SearchItemInfoCollection
Server Name: DEDI410
There was pages & pages of the same error generated in less than 24 hours. What do I do?
Mar 28, 2006 10:32 PM|xddg|LINK
Do ou have a custom module installed? You may have to remove the module to stop generating the error and/or go to host/scheduler and try turning off the search indexer.
Mar 29, 2006 11:00 AM|rickla1|LINK
Thanks Nina, for the reply. I have a few third-party modules installed. I removed the last one used, on a page I created just before this started going crazy on me. Will see if that changes anything.
That error has occurred before, but only a couple times a day--not like what I was getting yesterday. I turned the search indexer down to run less frequently. Won't turning it off break the search function? Is there any way to track down the offending
module, other than uninstalling all of them?
Mar 29, 2006 05:24 PM|SamTanner|LINK
To check for third-party modules behaving badly, you can go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\HTTPERR on the server machine and open the latest httperr#.log file.
Find any lines similiar to the following involving your site and record the offending tabid:
HTTP/1.1 POST /Default.aspx?tabid=46 400 2865 BadRequest yoursite.com
HTTP/1.1 POST /Default.aspx?tabid=46 400 2865 Connection_Dropped yoursite.com
You can then can find and remove the problem modules by browsing the URL.
Hope this helps
Mar 30, 2006 11:39 AM|rickla1|LINK
Thanks SamTanner, for the tip.
Unfortunately this is on a hosted installation, so don't have access to the system32 folder. My dev server has many, many more modules installed--all of the modules on my hosted site plus lots of others for testing purposes. The errors don't seem to occur
in the dev installation, just the hosted portal.
Other than the number of modules (and the content), the two installations are nearly identical. The other big difference is that the dev server also runs MSSQL Server, as opposed to the host having a separate db server. I'm wondering if that is a contributing
Mar 30, 2006 05:00 PM|SamTanner|LINK
Sorry I can't give an easy fix for this problem. Suggest you post it to the
Core Search Forum.
Mar 31, 2006 11:47 AM|rickla1|LINK
Thanks for your help & suggestions. The offending module was removed, slowing the barrage of errors. I also changed the frequency of search indexing to a less-often setting, which helps keep the logs from overflowing, while I keep looking for a solution.
It seems strange (to me anyways) that similar DNN installations react differently on remote and local hosts. Makes it harder to determine if a module is safe to upload to a production site! The module that was giving me grief performs almost flawlessly
on my dev machine (no errors).