Last post Jan 22, 2006 04:34 AM by ErikVB
Jan 19, 2006 09:17 PM|timrolands|LINK
I have implemented IPortable in a custom module, coding the ExportModule and ImportModule methods, and everything looks right (compared with many examples and code snippets I have examined). However, when I fire the export, I get the following error ....
An error occurred during the export
The Log Viewer lists it as a "General Exception" and provides the following message ....
System.TypeLoadException: ? at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) at DotNetNuke.Framework.Reflection.CreateObject(String TypeName, String CacheKey)
No inner exception. No stack trace. When I debug, my ExportModule is never reached.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? How do I fix this? Where is the offending code actually located? Any help appreciated!
Jan 20, 2006 03:13 AM|ErikVB|LINK
This almost sounds like you made a mistake in the businesscontroller class in the module definition. Make sure your bussinesscontroller class has this form:
if you look at some of the core modules, for instance the html module, it looks like this:
Jan 20, 2006 07:38 AM|timrolands|LINK
Erik, thanks, but that's the first thing I thought of, too. I know it's right, because I had to fiddle with it to get the search interface implemented. Search is working now, so I don't see how the business controller class could be wrong.
Jan 20, 2006 12:58 PM|timrolands|LINK
[:$] OK, got it, and it was still a problem with the business controller class entry. Case matters! I found a few spots throughout my files where the case was still different. It's all fixed and working now.
For anybody else who runs into this problem, remember, case matters!
Jan 22, 2006 04:34 AM|ErikVB|LINK
For us vb coders, case sensitivity is always a big problem.... it happens to me all the time too. ;)