Last post Jan 10, 2006 05:14 PM by netmds
Jan 03, 2006 07:49 AM|nokiko|LINK
Is there a posibillity to have users be redirected to the original page they came from before being redirected to login page. I know I can set this in the admin settings but thats one age portalwide. I want it to be able to redirect after login to the originally
Why isnt this in DNN yet and does anyone have a solution for this allready or do I have to make one my own?
Jan 03, 2006 08:04 AM|ranganh|LINK
I am not aware of the settings in DotNetNuke. But if you are using Form Based Authentication for your application, you have the method FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage, which specifically does this process.
1. User types the URL directly without logging in
2. User is taken to the Login Page specified in the web.config
3. User types correct username and password and its validated.
4. User is then taken back to the originally requested URL which is stored as a querystring in the URL using ReturnURL parameter.
5. User can then continue accessing the original page.
Jan 10, 2006 05:14 PM|netmds|LINK
Did you find a solution to this? I am needing to redirect a security role or user to a certain page after a successful login.
I found a module that is in beta here http://www.kreko.com
But was hoping there was a non beta solution.