Last post Dec 09, 2005 01:48 AM by markwsy
Nov 17, 2005 06:27 PM|jshepard|LINK
Dec 09, 2005 01:48 AM|markwsy|LINK
I have to keep searching for tweaks to get certain DNN features to work; if I make any changes to my personal setup, I will post my fixes on the Downloads page.
The gallery seems to have two problems, for people running dnn 3.1.0. I don't know about other versions of dnn. 8/1/2005, I re-zipped my modified version and put it on the on downloads page. If you have trouble with the package, try extracting all the
files from the zip and re-zipping them prior to uploading the module. If you are still having trouble, make certain that the ASPNET account has FULL access to the DotNetNuke root dir - When I changed the ASPNET permissions from "Modify" to "Full"
(I also went to Advanced and Applied the "Replace permission entries on all child objects..." option), then re-uploaded the module it seemed to help. I hope this helps you!
Anyways, if you choose to tweak the files yourself, here's the First modification that you must make to GalleryPA_3.0.10.zip:
Reprint of Matthew Alexander's instructions (http://forums.asp.net/958081/ShowPost.aspx):
1. Unzip the file GalleryPA_3.0.10.zip.
2. Edit the file Gallery.dnn to have the following at the top. The changes from the original file include new lines for and and modified and .
3. Open the file GalleryPA_3.0.10.zip
4. Update the Gallery.dnn file in the zip file with the newly edited file. In WinZip the option is to "Freshen" the file.
5. Close the file GalleryPA_3.0.10.zip
6. Upload the file GalleryPA_3.0.10.zip per normal procedures
The second fix is here:
"...The fix is to go into the Maintanence.ascx and look for Gallery_HeaderText. Unless it has CssClass=" in front of it, it should just be HeaderText. HeaderText is a property for the grid...."
To ease your pain, I have fixed the two files, and re-zipped the package - the download is here: