Last post Nov 11, 2005 12:13 AM by phr0ze
Nov 09, 2005 10:36 AM|Bobgro|LINK
Hi I've been looking at DNN to meet some upcoming requirements for a customer. It looks like a 80-90% fit functionality wise, and a couple of 3rd party modules could take that as high as 95%. So far so good!
I have a few questions however:
1) I would need to deploy DNN a farm of load shared servers sitting alongside a bunch of existing applications (ASP & ASP.NET). Is there any reason I wouldn't want to do this? I.e. is DNN a good stable citizen and doesn't hog resources?
2) Is there any reason why HTTPS could not be used?
3) Does the search facility only work on content that is accessible by the user doing the search?
4) I see that a portal can have language configured. IS this possible per user or only per portal?
5) I will need to deploy multiple portals. It looks like child portals is the way to do this. Am I correct in thinking each child portal could then have its own IIS virtual directory? and I arrange for each portal's domain name to direct to the appropriate
virtual directory as below...
6) I understand that I can create a template based on any portal so that I can easily deploy new portals 4, 5 & 6, & 7 in the above example. If I then develop a new enhanced template, or update a custom module, how can I retrofit that onto my existing portals
so that they keep their existing content but make use of the new template and/or custom modules?
Nov 09, 2005 04:49 PM|phr0ze|LINK
Nov 10, 2005 04:33 AM|Bobgro|LINK
Nov 11, 2005 12:13 AM|phr0ze|LINK