Last post Nov 25, 2005 03:35 PM by rwil02
Sep 15, 2005 02:02 PM|juglugs|LINK
Sep 26, 2005 05:25 PM|lilryno|LINK
Sep 27, 2005 07:14 AM|linguinut|LINK
I upgraded to DNN 3.1.1 yesterday. Not a good experience. I finally got the core stuff running. Any custom mods are getting the same error. My custom mods point to a different database than the core tables. It has something to do with the provider somewhere,
but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out!
Help!! I do not want to restore after all this work...
Sep 27, 2005 07:59 AM|linguinut|LINK
Sep 27, 2005 08:47 AM|lilryno|LINK
Sep 27, 2005 08:48 AM|k4gdw|LINK
Oct 07, 2005 09:02 AM|Gwenojenn|LINK
Oct 07, 2005 11:10 AM|linguinut|LINK
Carefully check your web.config file. Make sure that nothing has been misspelled or left out. Then, take a look at your SQLDataProvider.vb (or .cs) file and make sure that it is pointing to the database that you want it to...especially, check the data
provider constant. Then trace everything from the ascx.vb file all the way through the SQLDataProvider and make sure it flows.
I have found plenty of errors by stepping through the code, one call at a time, and seeing what it is doing. Even if it does not throw an error at a certain point...start from the initiation of the call, then walk it through. Eventually, you will discover
where the module and the data need to be reconnected.
This morning, I spent several hours trying to figure our why an existing stored procedure was not being called. I found that the DLL for the module was not getting updated correctly in the DotNetNuke\bin folder. A refresh of that file and my data access
was off and running.
Best of luck to you!
Nov 04, 2005 02:54 PM|dna2go|LINK
I had the same error and found that my SqlDataProvider class name was sqlDataProvider class instead of SqlDataProvider as soon as I capitlalized the S everything worked fine.
Nov 17, 2005 03:03 PM|databasedude|LINK
This error drove me nuts this morning until I looked in the bin folder realized that
myCustomModule.SqlDataProvider.dll was not there. The error was solved once I included the module's SQLDataProvider.dll in my PA.
Nov 25, 2005 03:35 PM|rwil02|LINK