Last post Dec 06, 2005 09:52 AM by Psiho
Aug 15, 2005 04:05 AM|Vladan Strigo|LINK
• 3 levels deep “tree-like” custom categories
• List view, detailed view, category lister etc. can be put on any place on
any page, even multiple times
• Seamless integration into any website (templating engine, custom fields)
• Query engine for filtering/displaying of items, also accessible through internal or external links
• Paging and sorting of items
• File upload easiliy accessible on item edit screen
• Localization and help
• Comprehensive 70-page documentation detailing UNIView's tags, attributes and functionalities
Full documentation can be found on our website www.nukedArea.com.
UNIView can best be described by usage scenarios. Here's a short list of examples for UNIView implementation:
Reference / portfolio listing
For purpose of presenting module flexibility we added on our website few implementation examples that you can find on our website
How UNIView works?
The need for regular DNN Text/HTML data categorization functionality generated the idea for UNIView module. For couple of our clients we had to develop custom solutions to present categories and relation between them (e.g. product brand > product type, destination
> hotels, etc) so we’ve built UNIView functionalities we hope you can make good use of.
UNIView data can be displayed in a customized way, using your site’s look and feel, because of its templating engine that uses regular HTML and tags for items and labels. Data are accessible (filtered) trough query engine allowing selection for up to three
Additional UNIView principles are available through module's comprehensive documentation detailing UNIView's tags, attributes and functionalities.
UNIView works with “items” and “categories”. Here are some UNIView basics to get the idea how it works: Category lister module sends queries to the item lister module. There is only one Executing Query in the whole portal, written to by all Category
List Viewers on this portal and read by all the Item List Viewer modules in the same portal.
as mentioned above the official homepage of the module is:
for purchase it is available on snowcovered:
and our product support site is located on: http://dnn.com.hr/support
Dec 06, 2005 09:52 AM|Psiho|LINK
New version of the UNIView v2.03.03 is released today! We decided to go with a large discount with this new version:
- Support for image thumbnails is added. The normal and thumbnail images can now be easily resized to the predefined sizes.
- Import and export of the whole portal Uniview data is implemented. The search is added, too.
- The last two custom fields can now be used for entering more text data than before. You can choose to use multi line text input controls, instead of the single- line ones to enter the contents of these two fields.
- Category tree now can be up to 7 levels deep.
- The bug with item listings when paging option was disabled. In this new version, if you do not use paging all the items will be shown in a proper way - all of them on one page, not only just a first page.
- The bug that showed up only on a non-default portals ( i.e. the portal with any id number different from zero) is corrected now. Previously, when you edited a category and wanted to assign it a page on your portal (internal type of category) the wrong pages
of the portal were offered in the drop down control.
The problem with assigning a child category to a category of the internal link type is fixed now, as well.
- We fixed the problem that showed up when moving a sub-tree from one place to another place in the category tree structure. Previously when it was done by only assigning another parent to the sub-tree top category it worked incorrectly. Now it is solved.
Find out more on NukedArea.