Last post Feb 10, 2006 06:26 AM by sroughley
May 30, 2005 01:58 PM|sroughley|LINK
Jun 01, 2005 09:49 AM|sroughley|LINK
I have seemed to have temporarily remedied the situation by deleting all of the Resx files in the project, but the problem reappears as soon as VS regenerates the resx files. Obviously this isn't a permanent solution, so I am
still looking for some help here.
Jun 02, 2005 06:49 AM|sroughley|LINK
Basically, something is well and truly screwed and I think I am getting close to finding the culprit, but I am not quite there yet. When I start to get these errors, instead of going through all of this malarkey, I can just close VS.NET and delete the VsWebCache,
reload VS.NET and the solution is fine. That is, until I do a full solution rebuild. I have now tried res-installing VS.NET and have even run this solution on 2 other machines but this has not stopped the problem from reoccurring.
This, as you can imagine, is becoming a real headache and has delayed the project by at least 2 days now. I am desparate for a solution, so any help is truly appreciated.
Jun 19, 2005 05:49 PM|alexdresko|LINK
Try this and let me know if it works. http://forums.asp.net/961938/ShowPost.aspx
Jun 20, 2005 11:41 AM|sroughley|LINK
Feb 09, 2006 09:47 AM|Rodrogue|LINK
I just came across the same problem as you excately describled. Hopefully, you solved your issue by now and this can now server as a reference for other developers that might come across an issue similar to this.
In my scenario, VB.Net 200 , I was using mulitple server controls on a project that had there own DLL complitation, set as a reference. One of the server controls was complied with a name space "ALPHALOWER.Web.Control" and another was complied with this
When I recompiled both the server controls using the Capitalize version of the namespace the issue went away.
I hope this helps.
Feb 10, 2006 06:26 AM|sroughley|LINK
Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately this issue is still unresolved. I had tried your suggested solution after reading about the problem on another blog and I have managed to find a workaround (see this post:
http://forums.asp.net/1158500/ShowPost.aspx), but that is it. No solution.
We're in the process of moving to VS.NET 2005 so hopefully this will go away.