Last post May 24, 2005 02:05 PM by Keith6437
May 24, 2005 11:37 AM|Keith6437|LINK
I am using DNN 3.0.12 and I have a custom module that has been working fine. I have already added many user controls to it from the Module Definitions menu of the host menu, clicking edit module definitions and then clicking Add control. Everything worked
I just tried adding a new user control, LogonInfo.ascx, to a custom module. I enter the control key, title information, and the source for the control and then I try to upload/add it to my custom module. When I do this I get the following error message:
An error has occured.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (error="...:cboIcon="").").
---> System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (error="...:cboIcon="")."). at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String s, String valueName, String collectionName) at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection
nvc, String collectionName) at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_QueryString() at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod() at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Has anybody seen this error when trying to add user controls to a custom module?
Like I said, I have added at least 7 other user controls module and everything worked fine. I also double checked the user control page directive <@Page ... codebehind= ...
inherits= ...> and it all looks like my other user controls. The code behind the user controls also declares the namespace of my custom module project and looks like my other code behind stuff. Everything appears fine.
But something is amiss in Missouri!
May 24, 2005 01:53 PM|lucast|LINK
My guess is that you do not have the following in your web.config file:
In version 1.1 of the .Net Framework this feature was added to check for potentially unsafe inputs. the validateRequest="false" turns this back off and back to the way version 1.0 of the framework handled this.
May 24, 2005 02:05 PM|Keith6437|LINK
Great! That fixed the problem.
I just changed this setting last week during some testing and forgot to set it back.
Thanks, you have saved me a couple days of work or having to try to manually add the control to the database.