Last post Apr 26, 2005 10:03 AM by phr0ze
Apr 24, 2005 12:21 PMemail@example.com|LINK
I've been doing some searching, and I haven't located any modules for managing a flea market, so I'm considering developing one. We run a fairly good-sized flea market once a year in our town, and here's what the functionality would need to be:
1. Manage application/registration of booths. We provide ~200 booth spaces, charge $60 to non-residents, $50 to residents. We keep track of registrations from year to year, so when an application is received, if the applicant has had a booth in prior years,
it only takes a couple of keystrokes to add the current year registration.
2. Manage collection of booth fees. We don't assign a booth until we receive the money, and we need to make up deposit tickets covering a batch of applications/checks received. Because the event is very popular, the process of receiving applications, depositing
money, assigning booths goes quickly - it's usually all over within a week or so. If a check bounces, we quickly notify the applicant and return the application, often assigning the booth to the next applicant on a waiting list.
3. Manage mailing of announcements about next year's event, starting 2-3 months before applications are due.
4. Maintain feedback on boothholders, e.g. if a boothholder creates problems (selling contraband e.g.) we can mark the record so as not to sell a booth again.
5. Analytical reports e.g. income/expense comparisons with prior years, etc.
So, two questions:
1. Is there anything like this already out there?
2. If not, would there be interest in such a DotNetNuke module?
Apr 26, 2005 10:03 AM|phr0ze|LINK