Home/ASP.NET Forums/Retired Forums/Custom Modules (RETIRED)/Langugage selector for DNN 3.0.12 module released

Langugage selector for DNN 3.0.12 module released RSS

4 replies

Last post Apr 04, 2005 08:01 AM by vevei

• ErikVB

ErikVB

50 Points

1432 Posts

Re: Langugage selector for DNN 3.0.12 module released

Apr 04, 2005 04:52 AM|ErikVB|LINK

Vevei,

nice module. I was kinda wondering how you would be able to make a language selector work without changes to the core ... I just downloaded your module from snow, and you also distribute a modified dotnetnuke.dll in you solution. This is not advisable for the following reasons:

• this will make your software only work with one version of dnn (namely 3.0.12)
    • selling a modified version of dnn is allowed, but if you are selling without sourcecode, the buyer will never know what other modifications you did
    • uninstall of your module will cause dotnetnuke to stop working, because upon uninstall all files in the dnn file you supply are deleted, that means also dotnetnuke.dll will be deleted .... nice!

Other than that: the module only works for anynomous users, so once you log on, the language selection does not work anymore. Check out this post to find out what you should do to make it work

cheers

Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
  • vevei

vevei

None

0 Points

73 Posts

Apr 04, 2005 06:54 AM|vevei|LINK

Erik:

Thanks of your reply and help. I will check it and reply you, if you want the resource, I will public it very soon, only after I verify it.

Best regards!

Vevei

• ErikVB

ErikVB

50 Points

1432 Posts

Apr 04, 2005 07:56 AM|ErikVB|LINK

Vevei,

be sure to check uninstall of your module, it will cause dotnetnuke to stop working [:^)]

cheers,

erik

Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
  • vevei

vevei

None

0 Points

73 Posts

Apr 04, 2005 08:01 AM|vevei|LINK

Erik:

I will resove it asap. thanks![:$]