Last post Nov 05, 2008 08:21 PM by email@example.com
Aug 02, 2003 08:29 AM|shamil|LINK
Aug 02, 2003 09:44 AM|shamil|LINK
Nov 05, 2003 11:42 AM|moddis|LINK
Nov 05, 2003 05:16 PM|Atrax|LINK
Oct 27, 2008 01:08 AM|nikhil.jha|LINK
Hi, I know its quite an old post but I am replying to it as it may be useful to some.
I searched a lot on the internet when I faced the same issue but could not get any clean solution which did not require changing the machine.config file etc.
However, luckily, I looked into the properties of ASPNET account and found it to be locked (it was working well before we did a restart of the server). IIS server was 5.1 running on XP with SP 2.
Here is the solution -
1. Right click "My Computer" and select "Manage".
2. Expand the "Local Users and Groups" inside "System Tools" node.
3. Within "Users" folder, right click "ASPNET" and select "Properties".
4. In the "General" tab, uncheck "Account is locked out" and "Account is disabled".
5. Restart the IIS. Worker Process should be launched now without any issue.
In my case, the issue was because of the account getting locked. Please look for the account under which your application is running as it might be different for different applications as well as IIS version.
Hope it helps others in identifying the cause of this issue.
aspnet account permissions
IIS User Rights
Nov 05, 2008 08:21 PMfirstname.lastname@example.org|LINK
try to reinstall