Last post Jul 12, 2020 09:46 PM by rvicta
Jul 12, 2020 12:41 PM|rvicta|LINK
I use a site master file that contains the navigation menu for my site. Most of the pages from the navigation work but for some reason a few of them come back with a 404 error. I have double checked the spelling in the master file and the spelling in the
directory. All relative references are the same as the ones for the pages that work. If I go to the folder on my development system (on my laptop) and open the site the navigation works properly. If I go to the actual URL or I use the navigation menu on the
site for certain pages I get the 404 error. At this point I am stumped as to what the problem could be. It would help if anyone could give some insight as to what else I can check.
Jul 12, 2020 01:56 PM|mgebhard|LINK
It is impossible to provide assistance without the source code or code that reproduces the issue. We can only guess what what mistakes are made in the code. The first step is to taking a look at the URL that caused the 404. Usually that gives you a clue
to the problem.
Jul 12, 2020 09:46 PM|rvicta|LINK
With what you said, I decided to think about what it was that I did differently that may have caused this problem. And, I believe I found it. Normally, I would publish the whole site from VS. Lately, and I don't know why, maybe because it was working for
pages already on the site, but I started just publishing pages as I made edits. Well, I got lazy and when I added new pages I just published those new pages and not the site. Basically, the namespace DLL didn't get updated. So, the namespace for my new pages
didn't exist. I'm sure that's what happened.