Last post Mar 23, 2018 01:58 AM by Cathy Zou
Mar 22, 2018 04:04 PM|vinodkpasi|LINK
What are the advantages of JSON over XML?
Mar 23, 2018 01:23 AM|bruce (sqlwork.com)|LINK
there are a couple advantages:
1) usually smaller in length
2) defecto standard for REST api's
3) easier for humans to read (thus the switch to JSON config files)
5) REST api's don't require an XSD file
6) simplicity of REST api's over SOAP
Mar 23, 2018 01:58 AM|Cathy Zou|LINK
XML is stricter and has support for schemas and namespaces.
I.e. the ability for party A to specify the format of a document, and the ability for party B to check that they are supplying something that matches this format.
This is crucial when passing data between separate systems, where a deviation from the expected format might mean that the data cannot be processed (or worse, is processed incorrectly).
I.e. the ability to mix data intended to be read by multiple sources (or written by multiple sources) in the same document.