Last post Jan 02, 2018 10:29 PM by bergetburk
Jan 01, 2018 09:31 PM|bergetburk|LINK
I'm quite new to developing, trying to create my first Xamarin.Forms app. Things goes quite well, but one major issue is that I cannot debug my WebApi controllers included in the same solution as the UWP, shared project etc. The solution looks as below image
(currently disabled Android and iOS, just running UWP). The problem is that I cannot debug anything in my WebApplication controllers. All I get at my breaktpoints in the controllers is the message: The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have
been loaded for this document.
I tried to change options - debugging - symbols, but I only achieve a slow project downloading symbols for several minutes. Also enabled Enable Just my code, and Enable .Net Framework source stepping, with no success.
So, something is wrong with my solution, or I have missed something crucial regaring debugging.
Jan 02, 2018 05:50 AM|Brando ZWZ|LINK
The problem is that I cannot debug anything in my WebApplication controllers. All I get at my breaktpoints in the controllers is the message: The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document.
According to your description, I suggest you could firstly make sure you have started both web api application and xamarin application in debug mode.
We will follow below steps to start two debug application.
1. Right click on Solution --> Properties
2. Look under Common Properties --> Startup Project
3. Select Multiple startup projects
4. Select Start action on the projects you need to debug.
If you have already start the two application in debug mode.
I suggest you could follow this
reply's steps to troubleshooting by yourself.
Jan 02, 2018 10:29 PM|bergetburk|LINK
Thanks a lot, I had set a similar option in another window, (guess it was configuration manager), but after your instructions regarding multiple startup project it started to work, so something was really different between these settings. I also saw that
I had an error in my async rest call, so that was also a reason to why I didn't reach the breakpoint in the controller. Then I saw I had the option "optimize code" on my webapp, giving some strange behavior not showing variable values etc.
But now I think everything is working. Thank's again!