Last post Sep 11, 2017 08:27 AM by HostingASPNet
Sep 11, 2017 08:17 AM|TechView|LINK
Hello friends! Recently I've completed an Ecommerce web application using ASP.NET MVC and now my requirement is to integrate payment gateway. I am trying to implement it by myself and would like to have some suggestions respect to the following questions:
(I've googled and got some idea on payment gateway integration)
1) I've to integrate some local Bank payment system and do I need to contact them for this purpose?
2) I can see on google, PayPal would be ideal for payment gateway. But will this serve the purpose for local Banking system as well or need to handle in the other way?
3) Most importantly, should I suggest the client about the payment gateway or leave with the option to find it by himself/herself. There is an issue to pay for the service.
Ecommerce Application: In the application perspective, I do have some question.
1) After the payment is done, I've to track down the payment history. I mean, the payment is done using local Bank Transactions or PayPal. In this case, will there be any option to get those payment history saved in the application's database or any manual
process is done?
2) As I've written about `Manual Process`, I've seen one of my senior to keep an extra field in the database table to keep track of the transactions. Whenever the transaction is done, they just updated that field. Seems like whenever the
amount is in their account, they updated it by themselves.
The questions may seem to be broad and a noob's question. But I am expecting some ideas and answers on these particular questions from the experts. Googling may not answer the above questions fully. Thanks.
Sep 11, 2017 08:27 AM|HostingASPNet|LINK
1. Yes, we should talk with the bank bout their Payment Gateway API integration and requirements.
2. Paypal should the perfect choice, because you could withdraw your money in your bank account or CC.
3. This question is not very clear.
1. You could save in the database, but it will be not necessary because you will have it in your Paypal or Bank account already.
2. If you receive manually transaction you track/update it's status manually.