Last post Aug 02, 2017 02:06 AM by Deepak Panchal
Aug 01, 2017 12:10 PM|Capricon User|LINK
i am trying to open again sql setup from SQL Server Installation center so when i click on installation and click on
"New SQL stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation "
i am trying to add new features thats why i click on that after that they asked select folder so i select from d drive where SQL setup is placed when i select this shows an error
D:\D Drive\softwares\Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition with SP1 X64 is not a valid installation folder
how to resolve this
Aug 01, 2017 02:19 PM|bbcompent1|LINK
Ok, I found a write up that outlines how to fix this:
1. Proceed as usual with SQL Server 2008 install.
2. You'll reach the part where they show you the install path. If you are disappointed
that you cannot edit it, then just carry on.
3. You will eventually reach a screen that shows a summary of the configuration you
customized with with the path of the ConfigurationFile.ini provided.
4. Copy this path and open up the ConfigurationFile.ini for editing
5. Search for the INSTALLSHAREDDIR value. Change whatever default path you see to
whatever you want. The path I wanted was:
INSTALLSHAREDDIR="D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server"
(you can change it to whatever path you want from the default path (usually
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\blah blah blah)
6. If you choose "Mixed Mode" as I did during the setup process, then make sure
you add one more line. Search for SECURITYMODE="SQL" and add one more line right
underneath it: SAPWD="[Password]"
This will be required if you specified your sa account and password. I missed it
the first time and had to redo the whole thing just to make sure I get exactly
what I want.
7. Save the .ini file and continue with the install.
Aug 02, 2017 02:06 AM|Deepak Panchal|LINK
please try to check that you are using 32 or 64 bit os.
try to 'run file as an administrator' may solve your issue.
also check that it is the correct location where all the sql related files are located.
it is also possible that in past you had try to move it to another location.