Last post Jul 15, 2017 03:01 PM by KodaNET
Jul 14, 2017 02:55 PM|KodaNET|LINK
All kind time of day.
I count on Your help in the next question.
There is a small website written in VBS using pure ASP on IIS 6.0 Windows server 2003
The script uses msxml6.dll
With the usual code
On error resume next
Set objSrvHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0")
objSrvHTTP.Open "GET", "https://www.avito.ru/novosibirsk/vakansii"
objSrvHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/plain; charset=windows-1251"
A month ago somewhere 03.07.2017 there was a problem with parsing some https sites including specified.
Received unexpected message or it has the wrong format.
It is obvious that changes have occurred on the server side avito.ru
After reading on the Internet about the error, could not find a normal explanation.
There are several assumptions.
1. the server requires a certificate for SSL Protocol
2. Out some update from MS was installed at the responding server that requires the upgrade on the requesting server to work properly.
3. Included security policy, which is necessary to obtain additional data from the requesting server
4. Denial of access based on security policies.
But then again there is an assumption that even IE under Windows XP opens the page avito.ru. moreover, special certificates, there is not installed, therefore msxml.dll able to take a page, but what is needed is not yet understood.
Asking for help, specify the direction
Jul 14, 2017 05:52 PM|mgebhard|LINK
It could be your server is too old for the newer SSL standards. I had this issue a few a months ago with a classic ASP site where I installed a patch.
I ended up moving the site to a 2016 server as the patched server stopped working about a month or two ago.
Jul 15, 2017 03:01 PM|KodaNET|LINK
Thank you for the tip. I think You are 100% right. Tried to open with IE page over https and I noticed a pattern. Some pages open (128 bit encryption), the other including the specified error code. Obviously the connection uses 256 bit encryption and Windows
2003 can not understand. Try manually replacing Crypt32.dll If this does not work you will have to transfer the website to platform 2008 and above. In any case, You helped me a lot.