Last post Jul 12, 2017 04:52 AM by hkholakiya
Jul 11, 2017 07:18 AMemail@example.com|LINK
Could you suggest an approach to convert SharePoint site collection with Lists and libraries to ASP.NET MVC 5 application
Jul 11, 2017 07:25 AM|hkholakiya|LINK
You have to create model class for response data and serialize into create model.
As per my understanding you want to using SP API get data in your application and fill it in asp.net mvc models. Am i correct?
Jul 11, 2017 07:38 AMfirstname.lastname@example.org|LINK
Thanks for your prompt reply. I actually want to completely replace the SharePoint application with ASP.NET MVC 5 application for the following reasons:
1) My SharePoint list items have far exceeded the stipulated size of 5000 (it has gone upto 1,00,000).
2) No amount of indexing / sorting of lists are helping.
3) Each item in the list is linked to multiple records residing in multiple libraries, so partial archiving is not an option as searches won't work properly then.
4) When a SharePoint form is used to create a request lot of time is taken to extract and fill master data residing in Azure SQL database and SharePoint libraries.
We wish to dispense with SharePoint Online and replace with ASP.NET MVC 5 app hosted on Azure. What steps we need to follow?
Jul 11, 2017 08:50 AM|hkholakiya|LINK
As far as you have older application so as per my suggestion you can follow normal development cycle.
1) SQL database design
2) Architecture designing (Needs to identify Ado.net or wanted to use and ORM framework like Linq, Entity Framework)
3) Might be you have to migrate your data from SP to your new web application.
I have good experience in MVC. Please let me know what kind of help you need so i can give you clear answer about your new application.
Jul 11, 2017 08:57 AMemail@example.com|LINK
Could you elaborate Step No. 03 more
Jul 12, 2017 04:52 AM|hkholakiya|LINK
I mean if you creating asp.net mvc5 application than you have to put data from sharepoint server database to your new created database.
Or you wanted to use same database which SharePoint is using.