Home/ASP.NET Forums/Data Access/SQL Server, SQL Server Express, and SQL Compact Edition/Tableadapter can't open table in VS

Tableadapter can't open table in VS [Answered]RSS

7 replies

Last post Jun 25, 2017 10:07 PM by sking

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
HuaMin Chen
  • sking sking

211 Points

1167 Posts

Re: Tableadapter can't open table in VS

May 30, 2017 08:59 PM|sking|LINK

I have done this twice now. have installed both of the above.  I cannot even create a new connection string to this database. I get an invalid object error message. Should I uninstall Visual Studio?

Scot King
    California Mortgage | California refinance
  • EvenMa EvenMa

510 Points

286 Posts

May 31, 2017 02:01 AM|EvenMa|LINK

Hi sking,

According to the error message that’s said the version of Microsoft.SqlServerManagement.SDK.SFC is 10.0,I feels you are still using SQL2008R2,could you check it? Could you change the connection string in configuration file after upgrade SQL Server?

You could use SELECT @@Version in SQL Management Studio to check the version of SQL Server(use the same connection string in your configuration file).

Also might you could install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio ,I’m not sure the version of visual studio which you are using, if there is VS2015,you could download the install package from the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

vcredist_x64.exe for X64 OS

vcredist_x86.exe for X86 OS

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me any time.

Best Regards

Even

• sking sking

211 Points

1167 Posts

Jun 24, 2017 11:29 PM|sking|LINK

I am running SQL Server management studio 2016 and I also have SQL server 2014.  When I go into add remove programs, I attempt to uninstall 2016, it says that my computer is not suitable for SQL server 2016.  It will not allow me to remove it from my machine.   Yet it is installed. When I go to the configuration manager of 2014, I can start the server when it is stopped. Also, I can go into 2016 and start the service under it.  When I start either server, the other server starts automatically.  This does not sound good to me.  How can I manually get this 2016 SQL server off my computer?  

Also, I'm using the management studio 2016 to complicate things further. Once I remove the sql servr 2016 manually, won't that delete the management studio as well? I do not have a management studio under my 2014 sql server programs.   Is there supposed to be one?

Scot King
  • sking sking

211 Points

1167 Posts

Jun 25, 2017 10:07 PM|sking|LINK

I was able to get it fixed. The solutions?  I removed both 2014 & 2016 sql server from my machine. I downloaded and reinstalled 2014.  This did the trick and VS now recognizes the tables.  What a bunch of hoops to go through.

Scot King
  • ‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›