Last post Jan 03, 2017 09:46 AM by Lonefish
Dec 22, 2016 11:50 AM|Lonefish|LINK
I can't seem to get the correct and matching packages.
I ported a project from Asp.Net MVC 5 / EF 6 to MVC 6 with EF Core 7 and have been in package hell. Conflicting packages, errors,...
It's probably down to all the different packages that are available, I've tried all newest version, all oldest version, can't seem to get a working version however. The closest I got was this :
But on debug I get this error in my browser:
MissingMethodException: Method not found: Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.IServiceCollection Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.EntityFrameworkServiceCollectionExtensions.AddDbContext(Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.IServiceCollection,
I also tried updating all packages to the last ones:
But it doesn't even get past Program - Main with the following error
Additional information: Methode not found: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.IWebHostBuilder Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostBuilderExtensions.CaptureStartupErrors(Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.IWebHostBuilder, Boolean).
I've tried solving those errors one by one, that got me the first project.json, but now I'm just lost.. I've been at this for hours, and it just doesn't want to work. I'm sure it's due to incompatibility of certain packages, but I have no clue as to where
to find the correct ones..
Dec 26, 2016 09:19 AM|AngelinaJolie|LINK
I suggest you could to add package carefully in a certain order, because it works very well in my local when I quote it very carefully .
Here is the order I quote, and only 2 to 3 packets per time:
1: Microsoft.AspNetCore ;
2: Microsoft.Extensions ;
4: other packages;
5: some tools;
Here is screenshot below that I success:
Hope it is useful to you. If you have any question and confusion about the problem. Please don't
hesitate to let me know.
Jan 03, 2017 09:46 AM|Lonefish|LINK
In the end I found a working solution (just got back to work today, hence the late reply). It also had to do with a project I referenced and used that was using different versions that conflicted..