Last post Nov 10, 2016 02:19 PM by Chris Zhao
Nov 09, 2016 07:18 AM|acmedeepak|LINK
Below is the method I have followed to publish my web project but it returns an error...
1. On the local file system, create a folder to store your content (for example, D:\sample).
2. On the Start menu, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
3. In IIS Manager, in the Connections pane, expand the server node.
4. Right-click the Sites node, and then click Add Web Site.
5. In the Site name box, type a name for the IIS website (for example, sample).
6. In the Physical path box, type (or browse to) the path to your local folder (for example, D:\sample).
7. In the Port box, type the port number on which you want to host the website (for example, 8006). http://192.168.1.164:8006
8. Right click "DemoSite" node, and then click Add application.
9. In the Alias, type a name "Costing".
10. In the Physical path, select project path.
I get the error. Please give me a solution for this. I am an administrator for my machine.
Please help me in this. I need to publish my web project today...
Nov 09, 2016 08:48 AM|PatriceSc|LINK
Which IIS version ? The problem is likely that the account under which your web app runs is not allowed to access to the d:\sample folder. Also my understanding is that the web site would be just
http://192.168.1.164:8006/ rather than
http://192.168.1.164:8006/costing (but this is unrelated to the current issue anyway)
https://www.iis.net/learn/manage/configuring-security/application-pool-identities and scroll down to "Securing resources". Grant read access to the d:\sample folder for your app pool account. If IIS6 it would be the NETWORK SERVICE account.
Nov 09, 2016 09:24 AM|acmedeepak|LINK
The IIS version is 8.5. I have given full control in the properties of d:\sample. I need to pass the value as
http://192.168.1.164:8006/costing as the last costing part can be changed to access another project. These are for internal projects.
Nov 10, 2016 02:19 PM|Chris Zhao|LINK
Try to Add "IIS_IUSRS" with Read permission to particular folder.
1.In Windows Explorer, locate the web.config file that is associated with the Web site.
2.Right-click the web.config file
4.Click the Security tab, and then click Edit.
6.In the Enter the object names to select box, type computername\IIS_IUSRS, click Check Names, and then click OK.
Note Computername is a placeholder for the computer name.
7.Click to select the Read check box, and then click OK.
8.In the Web.config Properties dialog box, click OK.