Last post Mar 08, 2017 03:00 PM by march11
Oct 30, 2016 03:38 PM|rakeshbsc004|LINK
Looking for your valuable advice on solution architecture for my requirement.
I have a requirement to develop an application using c#.Net, ASP.Net and SQL Server. The application should develop using latest version of .Net which can easily brows able in desktop and download as APP in mobile and IPad.
Key features of application are,
1) 2 way chatting facility to users (May be third party tools, I will use)
2) Able to send SMS to users (May be third party tools, I will use)
3) Generating dashboards and reports. The reports should be able to export to excel
4) Email Notifications to users
Here my question is,
1) Which version of .net I need to use to develop the application with above features and can able to run on multiple platforms (Multiple devices)?
2) Which tool I need to use to develop application like Visual Studio or Xamarin or any other free best tool, please advice.
3) I don’t want develop, deploy or maintain source code in multiple locations based on client (Mobile, Desktop or IPad). I want to write code in one place and build, deploy in one location which can be work as APP, web application. Please advise
here development and deployment methods need to follow.
Hope I have given you clear information to understand and respond. In case need any more information, please let me know.
Thanking in advance for your kind response.
Mar 08, 2017 03:00 PM|march11|LINK
Everything you want to do can be done in Visual Studio, I use 2015, and 2017 was just released. .Net has multiple platforms that can all interact so that you can take advantage of each platforms given strengths in deploying such an app.
WebAPI will suffice for iOS and Android.
SignalR v 2.0 will provide chat functionality, .Net 4.5, I believe all current browser versions support SignalR
You can send SMS with C#, using a .Net or import other libraries. Same for SSL email.
This is no small task and if you are unfamiliar with any of these technologies, you should plan on a great deal of research.