Last post Oct 28, 2016 09:41 AM by acmedeepak
Oct 23, 2016 01:09 PM|acmedeepak|LINK
Can anyone please explain me the steps in order to publish a website from Visual studio 2015, I need a clear cut description, The hosted application should be accessible with the following sample URL:
Whereas costing is the project name I need to give to the application. Please help me.I know this is simple but I need this in specific.
Oct 24, 2016 09:42 AM|Chris Zhao|LINK
Configure the IIS Website
To create and configure an IIS website
1. On the local file system, create a folder to store your content (for example, D:\DemoSite).
2. On the Start menu, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
3. In IIS Manager, in the Connections pane, expand the server node.
4. Right-click the Sites node, and then click Add Web Site.
5. In the Site name box, type a name for the IIS website (for example, DemoSite).
6. In the Physical path box, type (or browse to) the path to your local folder (for example, D:\DemoSite).
7. In the Port box, type the port number on which you want to host the website (for example, 8006).
8. Right click "DemoSite" node, and then click Add application.
9. In the Alias, type a name "Costing".
10. In the Physical path, select project path.
Oct 28, 2016 09:41 AM|acmedeepak|LINK
Thanks for the reply Chris,
I have used your post for my response