Last post Oct 05, 2016 10:29 AM by Dmitry Sikorsky
Oct 05, 2016 09:12 AM|sudip_inn|LINK
i have few question on asp.net core.
1) suppose i have VS2013 so can start project based on asp.net core ?
2) which VS ide would require to start asp.net core project ?
3) how do i identity a project that it has been made with asp.net core ?
4) how could i start asp.net mvc 5 project with VS IDE 2015 ?
5) which IIS version would be required to run asp.net mvc core based project? IIS7 will work in this matter ?
6) how to convert a asp.net core mvc project to old mvc 5 project with VS IDE 2015 ?
please answer points wise. thanks
Oct 05, 2016 10:29 AM|Dmitry Sikorsky|LINK
1, 2) https://www.microsoft.com/net/core#windows
3) It must contain file project.json and xproj file. Also it has different project structure.
4) It is very easy:
5) It is not very important. IIS7 works for me. Also you can start just with build-in web server Kestrel.
6) It might be a bit complicated because you can't just "convert", because "old" ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core are a bit different. But I think you can reuse your controllers, views, styles, scripts etc. So I would suggest to create an empty ASP.NET Core MVC
application and then move controllers and other things one by one.