Last post Aug 31, 2016 07:20 AM by Angie xu - MSFT
Aug 23, 2016 09:53 AM|demoninside9|LINK
I got an application from my someone with sln file. This is first time I am doing this. I am trying to run this on my machine but when I run it it shows error "Could
not load type 'BEE.Web.Global'."
Even I tried to add references to the application. Some references gets add but some not and ends with some error like "circular dependency".
I never run projects using .sln file. Please suggest how to do that. For reference here I have pasted my solution explorer.
Aug 23, 2016 10:34 AM|vishwaraj1|LINK
First try to build every project in the solution individually, if all are build successfully make BEE.Web startup project and run.
I think the problem is in the global.asax file of BEE.web may be some name space is missing from global.asax file. To check this right click on global.asax fine on solution explorer and click on "view Markup"
Aug 24, 2016 04:13 AM|Chris Zhao|LINK
These errors occur if the .aspx page or the Global.asax page contains a reference to a code-behind module and if the application has not been built. You could clean and build solution.
Aug 24, 2016 07:34 AM|demoninside9|LINK
csc /t:library /r:System.web.dll /out:mydll.dll
show solution by compiling the files, but in my project there is no dll.
Aug 31, 2016 07:20 AM|Angie xu - MSFT|LINK
Here are a few suggestions that might help:
•Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all.
•Stop your existing application and ensure that you don't have any additional IIS processes or instances of your local Web Server running.
•If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine)
• If you are dealing with multiple Projects, ensure that the Project that you have a breakpoint in is actually running (Right-click your Solution > Set Startup Projects... > Ensure your current Project is selected)
After you try suggestions above, you could add a
Project Reference to a Visual Studio Web Project again, check whether it can fix it.