Last post May 27, 2016 10:20 AM by ownmaster
May 25, 2016 03:39 PM|ownmaster|LINK
Hi, I just removed DNVM/DNX/DNU stuff and installed Core RC2: DotNetCore.1.0.0.RC2-SDK.Preview1-x64 and DotNetCore.1.0.0.RC2-VS2015Tools.Preview1.
I created a few projects based on new templates, but I can't run them in IIS Express. "dotnet run" works.
But IIS Express gives error:
"The description for Event ID 1000 from source IIS AspNetCore Module cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local
OS: Windows 10.
How can I fix it?
May 25, 2016 09:45 PM|Radomir|LINK
May 26, 2016 02:33 PM|ownmaster|LINK
From the link:
"There is no tooling support in Visual Studio yet (as of 3/25). In the meantime you'll need to use
dotnet publish from the command line and run the application with full IIS."
This means its impossible to use IIS Express for now?
May 26, 2016 03:02 PM|bruce (sqlwork.com)|LINK
you can use iisexpress from the command line:
if you want to use it instead of IIS.
May 26, 2016 04:18 PM|ownmaster|LINK
Its not that I want to use Express.
The problem is that I can't use F5/Ctrl+F5 because of the described issue.
May 26, 2016 07:52 PM|Radomir|LINK
This works fine for me. .but I did install AspNetCore module.. I can use IISExpress just fine... the note you mentioned was pre-RC2 before VS tooling was released.
May 27, 2016 10:20 AM|ownmaster|LINK
OK, I don't know if installing ASP.NET Core Module helped, because I can't uninstall it. :)
Basically, what I did is: installed ASP.NET Core Module, reinstalled .NET Core SDK and Tools, reinstalled IIS Express 10.
But the website was not loading anyway - just permanent "loading" in the browser (without any error in Application log). So I created more sample applications and found why site was not loading.
.vs\config\applicationhost.config has <sites> tag with launch configuration for every website project in solution. It is was like this:
<site name="Web" id="2">
(since my test project name was "Web") and that seems like some "system word" or whatever: "Web" is not acceptable for the name property - after changing name to "Web1" or "BlaBlaBla" site loads normally.