Last post Jan 12, 2016 10:20 AM by WebDevWolf
Jan 10, 2016 09:33 PM|WebDevWolf|LINK
I have an MVC application that I've deployed to Azure. Offline it works with no issue with the code first development. However when deployed to Azure it just gives me a non-de-script Error advising me that there's been an error.
I have a look on the management console for further information but was only able to find an error telling me a fatal error had occurred causing a 403.3 error. Everything else works on the site with no issue it's just when I'm trying to do anything with
the database attached to it.
To publish the app I used the downloaded publish settings from the server so I know connection string and what not are all fine. I've also set up code migrations to fill in gaps in the code first dev work so I can see what I'm missing and I don't know where
to go now without a more detailed error message?
Any ideas on where I can possibly look next to try and solve this?
Jan 12, 2016 02:23 AM|Jamobor yao - MSFT|LINK
Which database do you use. If you deploy to azure, I would suggest you use Azure SQL database. I would suggest you use Azure SQL database to test on your local (just need to change the connection), if everything goes well, then try to deploy to Azure, if
still get error, I think the issue will related to others, please try to use azure diagnostics to find out the detailed error, this video:
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/videos/azure-web-site-logging-and-diagnostics/ may give you some helps.
Jan 12, 2016 10:20 AM|WebDevWolf|LINK
I'm using the Azure DB - turns out when I turned on customer errors that it couldn't connect to the database. So I scapped the app and the dba nd started from scratch and that fixed it as the context I was using now had the right connection string.