Last post Dec 07, 2015 04:07 PM by wendy elizabeth
Dec 04, 2015 09:30 PM|wendy elizabeth|LINK
I have a vb.net 2010 web form application that runs ssrs 2008 reports via a report viewer control. Until recently, the reports displayed all the report parameters for the users to select how the reports execute. Now the report parameters do not display.
The reports execute with the automatic values. Both the test and production report servers have the latest updates. I am not certain about the databases on the report servers. Thus can you tell me what you think I should look at? Could you controls be deprecated
in the vb.net web form application?
Would the report server need some kind of an upgrade? If so, what version would the report server need to be?
Dec 07, 2015 02:30 AM|Krunal Parekh|LINK
Hello Wendy Elizabeth,
The first thing comes to the mind is that you probably have set all the report parameter's default value.
Creating Report Parameters and Setting Report Parameter Properties
"You can define a default value for the parameter. If all parameters in a report have default values, the report will process immediately when the report is opened by the user or previewed in Report Designer. If at least one parameter does not have a default
value, then the report will only display data after the user enters all parameter values and runs the report."
Also Check that
ReportViewer.ShowParameterPrompts Property is set to true.
Dec 07, 2015 04:07 PM|wendy elizabeth|LINK
Thank you for your answer so far!
I wanted to mention the following items:
1. Some of the reports do not have a default value set for the parameters and those reports execute correctly.
2. I went on the test report server and found that these reports do display when I run the reports individually myself.
3. The rdl and .net application have not been changed in 2 years. Thus, I am wondering if some kind of a service pack update needs to occur. Would you know which ones they should be?
4. Is there anything else I can check besides 'ReportViewer.ShowParameterPrompts Property is set to true' in the .net app to see what is incorrect?
5. Should I be able to look at log messages looking for errors? If so, what error messages should I look for?
6. Could the reportviewer control be deprecated and I need to install a newer reportviewer control on the application? If so, where would I obtain the reportviewer control for a vb.net 2010 web form application?