Last post Dec 07, 2015 08:42 PM by gdillen
Dec 02, 2015 08:07 PM|gdillen|LINK
I'm trying to publish an ASP.NET 5 web app to an Azure Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2012 R2.
On my dev machine:
- Created in VST 2015 an out-of-the-box ASP.NET 5 Web App (MVC) "mywebapp"
- Published this webapp to "C:\Users\xxx\Code\mywebapp\artifacts\bin\mywebapp\Release\PublishOutput"
Installed on the VM so far:
- IIS (with .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.5) -> (the standard out-of-the-box IIS website works)
- Using Web PI installed .NET 4.5.2
- Installed ASP.NET as explained here (command line) https://docs.asp.net/en/latest/getting-started/installing-on-windows.html
- Copied the published app from my dev machine into a folder "c:\inetpub\sites\mywebapp"
- In IIS Manager added a new site referring to the folder + added Type: http/IP Address: All Unassigned/Port: 80
When browsing the web app I just get the folders+ files.
Anyone can please help with what I'm missing?
Dec 03, 2015 09:43 AM|Jamobor yao - MSFT|LINK
If you don't create Azure VM before, the simple way to deploy your web application is choose Azure VM as below image:
>>When browsing the web app I just get the folders+ files.
If you add detailed path "http/IP Address: All Unassigned/Port: 80/<index.html>", could you access your file. Because you just use Azure VM to deploy your web application, if you encounter IIS issue, I would suggest you move to IIS forum for a better support.
Dec 07, 2015 08:42 PM|gdillen|LINK
The only options I see when trying to Publish are:
Microsoft Azure Web apps