Last post Nov 19, 2015 07:42 AM by Devart Software
Nov 19, 2015 07:42 AM|Devart Software|LINK
the new release of the
tool for code review -
Review Assistant 3.0.
new version delivers
new features including import of TFS projects and users, multiple authors per review, initial reviews, binary files support, and much more.
Now, Review Assistant allows importing TFS projects together with users. Now, setting up Review Assistant to work with projects in TFS is
a matter of minutes.
- A user can choose the projects to import
- Both Visual Studio Online and Team Foundation Server are supported
- Selectively import users apart from projects
Oftentimes, it is necessary to review a number of commits of multiple different authors. The new version delivers adding several authors
in one review.
- When revisions are added to a review, all related authors are added automatically
- The list of authors can be edited manually
- Comments in a review are automatically addressed to the author of a file revision
- A user responsible for defect fixing can be changed manually
The initial review mode alllows user to review the code of a project in its current state, whereas the regular review provides only the
inspection of incremental changes to the code. This feature will be particularly useful to those who are starting to review the code in a project.
- Files, not revisions, are added to a review. The latest revision of the file is retrieved from the repository
- Any number of files can be added in a review from the repository
- Based on comments, the latest revisions of files can be added to a review and several iterations can be implemented
- It is now possible to hide read files. This is especially useful when a large list of files is reviewed
- Comparing revisions for renamed files
- Additional options in the popup menu of files
- the Open Containing Folder command allows to quickly display a file in Windows Explorer
- the Copy Full Path command allows to copy to the clipboard the full path to a file
- Now binary files can reviewed within a review
- A binary file opens in the associated editor
- The Add File Comment command is supported for binary files
- Defects markers appear red in Code Editor
- E-mail notifications are sent to all participants of a review, regardless of their role
- For a strict review workflow, participants of the review are restricted in rights to close and delete other users' comments
- An integrated administrator account is not considered a licensed user if it is not involved in projects
- Branch names are now displayed in the Add Revisions dialog box for Git. Also, a splitter was added to the dialog box
- Creating accounts without a password is no longer allowed
Review Assistant is available for a 30-day trial for unlimited users. To learn more about new version, please visit