Last post Oct 22, 2015 02:43 AM by Mikesdotnetting
Oct 21, 2015 05:49 AM|kpsenthilkumar86|LINK
I am an IIS admin. In our organization, we are using a ASP.NET MVC application. In that application, we use to frequently upload excel file.
When we upload the excel file, most of the time we use to receive one of the following errors.
1) The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The uploaded file may not be in correct format! please use the template.
2) Error Message:System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80004005): System resource exceeded.
3) Error Message:System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80004005): External table is not in the expected format.
The application is hosted on windows server 2012 (IIS 8.0) 64-bit, the database is SQL Server 2012 and we use to upload files of 50 MB size. At one particular time, maximum of 5 files can be uploaded.
We tried below options to fix the issues,
1) First we installed "Microsoft office Access database engine 2007(32 bit)" alone and then "Microsoft Access database engine 2010(64 bit) alone, and both the drivers.
2) In the Application Pool's Advanced settings changed the "Enable 32-bit Applications" setting as "True".
3) In the Application Pool's Advanced settings changed the "Load User Profile" setting as "True".
But, no one of the above gave us solution.
Kindly help us in fixing this issue.
Thanks in advance,
Oct 22, 2015 02:43 AM|Mikesdotnetting|LINK
The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
The uploaded file may not be in correct format!
Are your "Excel" files .xls files that have been generated by the application as some kind of Export from Gridview feature? If so, it could well be that they are actually HTML files with a .xls extension. Excel will display the contents, but the ACE and
JET providers will not recognise them.