Last post Oct 19, 2015 04:28 PM by richardmatsu
Oct 19, 2015 03:13 PM|richardmatsu|LINK
I updated our projects to beta 8 and now I am no longer able to discover unit tests. I have updated to the latest XUnit and XUnit runner packages. My colleagues are able to discover and run tests but for some reason my environment is broken and I don't know
how to fix it. I have rebooted, restarted VS, dnu restore, package restore and possibly other stuff.
I am able to run tests on the command line. In Visual Studio, after building, I get the following in the Tests output:
------ Discover test started ------
An exception occurred while test discoverer 'KUnitTestDiscoverer' was loading tests. Exception: The path is not of a legal form.
========== Discover test finished: 0 found (0:00:00.043) ==========
Oct 19, 2015 04:28 PM|richardmatsu|LINK
Finally figured out this was because of a mismatch in the Test Settings (x64) vs. x86 build. Really useful error message.