Last post Sep 25, 2015 06:39 AM by sudip_inn
Sep 25, 2015 04:37 AM|sudip_inn|LINK
suppose i want my web api should use SSL or certificate and i purchase it but i do not how to attach SSL or certificate with web api or mvc apps.
is there any tutorial which can guide me with all the details steps from certificate purchase to attach with web api or mvc apps.
Sep 25, 2015 06:24 AM|Mikesdotnetting|LINK
You install this via IIS, or if your hosting provider offers a control panel, they usually include a facility for installing certificates. It's not something that you do with code. If you want to know more about how to install via IIS, either use a search
engine or post a question to the IIS forums: http://forums.iis.net
Sep 25, 2015 06:27 AM|Siva Krishna Macha|LINK
This article contains the second-half of your query:
From ASP.NET WebAPI tutorial site:
Similar to previous one:
A more detailed one with IIS configuration: http://www.jayway.com/2014/10/27/configure-iis-to-use-your-self-signed-certificates-with-your-application/
Hope this helps.
Sep 25, 2015 06:38 AM|sudip_inn|LINK
thanks for your info.
1) suppose i install it with IIS then how http will become https automatically?
2) in mvc there is any technique exist which i can use to generate url which automatically add https instead of http ?
3) suppose when we self host web site or web api then how to bind or attach certificate with my web site or with web api?
4) give me bit brief about the words called certificate, SSL and HTTPS.
5) certificate and SSL both are same or different ?
6) when we use certificate then it is mandatory that my web site all url has to be start with https instead of http ?
7) when using certificate then always data will pass back and forth in encrypted mode or only data will be encrypted and secure if url start with https?
looking for your guidance. thanks
looking for your input.
Sep 25, 2015 06:39 AM|sudip_inn|LINK
@Siva i add few more question to my post........please have a look and answer if possible. thanks