Last post Mar 31, 2015 01:33 AM by Summer - MSFT
Mar 30, 2015 07:38 AM|sivakl_2001|LINK
hi i have following questions
1. Can i Use my own table to authenticate if can't how to get the extra info of the users ( company id, company name, rights)
2. Can i keep extra data of User with authenticated user ( company id, username, userid, sqlcommand object etc)
3. can i enable the following cases
i) A user can login in only one time
ii) A user can login in many times
i never use form authentication so that why i ask the above questions
i am using vs2013 with .net 4 . should i change to latest framework to use improved forms authentication?
where can i start from 0? and how long it will take to learn forms authentication?
Mar 30, 2015 12:30 PM|mam_albert|LINK
1. Yes you can use your own table to authenticate your users. You can use one table to save your user information or two tables: one for authenticating and one for the user profile.
2. I have already answered the question in 1
3. I guess that you can use a mechanism to check if the user is logged in or not. For example you can use the "Session Start" or "Session End" in global.asax
Of course you can start zero, every programmer started already from 0 :)
Mar 31, 2015 01:33 AM|Summer - MSFT|LINK
Thank you for your post.
Based on my understanding, if you want to achieve the above function, using Form Authentication is a good choice.
There are some simple articles about Form Authentication, you could have a look, hope these could help you.
How to: Implement Simple Forms Authentication:
Regards & Summer