Last post Sep 12, 2014 08:20 AM by mgambone
Sep 11, 2014 06:20 PM|mgambone|LINK
What is going on with AjaxControlToolkit? Every we upgrade our Visual Studio version, it just gets broken. These are the steps I took:
1) I installed the latest version via Nuget packages;
2) I created a tab in the Toolbox and added items using Toolbox "Choose Items..." menu.
3) Registered the assembly like so: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %>
4) Added a SliderExtender control.
After all that, I'm back to the same error message: :AjaxControlToolkit requires ASP.NET Ajax 4.0 scripts.
I've followed all kinds of suggestions from this site and StackOverflow and I'm glad a lot of others found solutions. But I can't get it to work on my VS2013 .NET4.5 web app project.
I'm truly in limbo and would appreciate any rescue attempts from SuperCoders out there. May the force be with y'all.
Sep 12, 2014 12:35 AM|kashyapa|LINK
did you check this SO thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20070987/how-to-add-ajaxcontroltoolkit-to-visual-studio-2013-web-forms-template
Sep 12, 2014 08:20 AM|mgambone|LINK
Thanks the link. I got the tip from this site:
However, In my case, I have to complete delete the <asp:ScriptManager> tag because I got the error "Only one ScriptManager....allowed". Then I also have to remove the Reference to Microsoft.ScriptManager.MSAjax using these steps:
1) Right-click project name in Solution Explorer and select "Properties".
2) In Properties dialog, locate Microsoft.ScriptManager.MSAjax and click Remove button.
3) Save changes and Rebuild.
The error disappeared.
Many thanks to you.