Last post Jul 25, 2014 10:16 AM by mou_inn
Jul 24, 2014 03:18 PM|mou_inn|LINK
i have just started reading wcf. so many things is not clear to me.
1) i hard that we can provide security in wcf in the area of message level or transport level. is it true ? but in what are the areas we can provide security in asmx web service ?
2) i like to visualize or understand what does it mean like security in transport level or message level...anyone can elaborate what does it mean like transport level or message level security ?
3) when people would go for transport level security or message level security ?
4) anyone can give me the sample wcf config file for transport level security and message level security please because i want to see how config look like when people use transport level security or message level security in their wcf application.
5) what is SSH and how to use it in wcf ?
6) if certificate cert file only contain public key then i like to know how browser decrypt incoming data when cer certificate file is used at web server end?
it will be huge help if some one answer my all question in detail point wise.
Jul 25, 2014 03:22 AM|Shawn - MSFT|LINK
When working with WCF or Web services, securing communication between the client and the service is very important. WCF has two major modes for providing security (Transport and
Message) and a third mode (TransportWithMessageCredential) that combines the two.
For more information about Message and Transport Security in WCF:
About Securing XML Web Services:
Jul 25, 2014 10:16 AM|mou_inn|LINK
thanks for reply :)
you said :- WCF has two major modes for providing security (Transport and
Message) and a third mode (TransportWithMessageCredential) that combines the two. but u did not say what kind of security option ASMX web service support.