Last post Jul 18, 2014 10:50 AM by mike4u
Jul 15, 2014 04:54 AM|sujilkumar|LINK
I using SP 2013 and VS 2012 while consuming web service of which i created list items its throwing error if any one have idea about this please let me know.
The document at the url http://Server........../_vti_bin/Lists.asmx?op=GetList was not recognized as a known document type.
The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:
- Report from 'http://Server.........../_vti_bin/Lists.asmx?op=GetList' is 'The document format is not recognized (the content type is 'text/html; charset=utf-8').'.
- Report from 'XML Schema' is 'The document format is not recognized (the content type is 'text/html; charset=utf-8').'.
- Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'There was an error downloading 'http://Server.../_vti_bin/Lists.asmx?disco'.'.
- The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
- Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'The document format is not recognized (the content type is 'text/html; charset=utf-8').'.
Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'http://Server.............../_vti_bin/Lists.asmx?op=GetList'.
The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'.
The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
If the service is defined in the current solution, try building the solution and adding the service reference again.
Jul 15, 2014 06:05 AM|mike4u|LINK
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager,
2. Click the website
3. Within Features, double-click Authentication
4. Click "Anonymous Authentication" item
5. If Status is Disabled, click Enable in Actions pane.
6. Click Edit in Actions pane.
7. Set "Anonymous user identity:" to "Application pool identity"
Jul 18, 2014 07:48 AM|sujilkumar|LINK
Thank you very much...
Jul 18, 2014 10:50 AM|mike4u|LINK