Last post Jul 11, 2014 09:19 AM by Perkinsville
Jul 11, 2014 04:50 AM|ccappe|LINK
Hi, i'm investigating for a university project the possibility to create an architecture with the following requirements. I've search for something similar but without success.
- in web forms (i'm valuating even mvc if fits my needs)
- one portal web application that performs login and permits users to choose some settings. Portal application permits to select a current work project.
- multiple module applications (realized by different developers, so different solutions) that receive, in some way, current login and current work project.
- portal application must be always visible (header displaying current user and his settings). Inside portal page is visible the module. Example: the module could be a frame inside the portal application
- portal and modules have to communicate between them. Example: a setting can be changed in portal and must be transmitted to current module. But a module could change a setting too and need to communicate this change to the portal.
- in the portal it is present a menu that permits to change current module (example: could refresh the frame with the desired module)
Did you have some links or reference to project similar to this? It is mandatory that module applications are different solutions. Modules doesn't need to know how login is performed or current project is selected, they only received these data. Database
is shared between modules and portal. Deployment is performed inside the same virtual directory. I'd like to use web forms to speed up development process (in our class asp.net web forms is known by much more people than mvc). We were thinking even about SignalIR
(or XSockets) to communicates between modules (through server). Any ideas? Thank you.
Jul 11, 2014 09:19 AM|Perkinsville|LINK
You can start by looking at WebAPI for your modules, no preference here between Web Forms and MVC, they both can do the trick.
You might also look into Azure Active Directory which has some very nice authentication possibilities.