Last post Mar 05, 2014 11:41 AM by jasminder.33
Feb 28, 2014 10:41 PM|shreenidhi|LINK
Hope you are doing good!
I will be involved in Banking applications in some time. Having said that I have no knowledge or a liitle knowledge on banking domain appliction as I was in a different domain all together.
I badly need your assistance on how to get basic and advanced knowledge of banking domain so that it would bit easy for me to start over a project rather that knowing nothing.
Any document like Word or PDF or any full fledged info on what exactly the banking domain means, do and don'ts etc would help me.
In addition, what are the thing that consist under the business logic etc will also help.
No matter a person is average in coding logic but I see now a days you have to be very good in "Domain" specific applications.
Thanks a lot
Mar 02, 2014 11:38 AM|er_abhi|LINK
i could just suggest that banking application requires strongly and correctly implemented database logic , so you could read on how to apply transactions in dbase and to follow the ACID properties.
Mar 05, 2014 11:41 AM|jasminder.33|LINK
I am not expert at idea about these kind of requirements, but would like to suggest some technical points, which may be helpful to you.
1. Since it is Bankiing & Financial domain, it will involve lot of transactions and your database has to be highly normalized, with ability to hold lakhs of records easily.
2. Another point related to database, proper indexing and relationships between the tables.
3. Use of stored procedures in the application, whereever possible, to increase db performance and avoid dynamic queries.
4. If using entity framework, use carefully, keeping in mind the concept of lazy loading and eager loading.
5. Use of compiled linq queries to increase performance.
6. Need to be careful in choice of technology to use for UI development. This is because, these kinds of application need to be highly responsive, fast and effecient in performance. Like use of client side scripting or mvc or any other technology.
7. Try to estimate what could be the future requirements and plan, so that you can design the code layers to accomodate the future changes/requirements easily.
Hope these points will also help you...!!!