Last post Feb 07, 2014 01:55 AM by mou_inn
Jan 31, 2014 02:18 AM|mou_inn|LINK
i am learning wcf so often questions comes to my mind.recently i developed a small calculator wcf service. i had three project one has service contract and another has wcf service with main class from where i self host the service. in app.config file i gave
my endpoint address net.tcp://localhost:5555/Calculator i always thought that i have to give my service class name at the end of service url. in my apps my service url looks like above and
Calculator is my service class name.
just few days ago i was browsing a wcf code and i saw that there service class name was
chatsrv but service url would look like net.tcp://localhost:5555/chat
i like to know that can i give any name to my service at the end?
1) if so then how self host code can understand at which url service need to start ?
2) if i set false for <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="false"/> then how other client consuming my service because i have set
httpGetEnabled="false" and self host the service but from other .net project i could consume that service by channel factory and as add reference? so tell me what people need to set
httpGetEnabled="true" if false works fine?
whatever i know that if httpGetEnabled="false" then mex endpoint will not expose to other client and hence forth no other client may not be able to add reference to their project of my service reference. i am new so not good about the service
internal. if possible please discuss it in detail.
3) why mex endpoint is required when client can instantiate & call service function through channel factory without mex endpoint then why & when mex endpoint would require?
1) i like to know that can i give any url as endpoint address ? i have given this
net.tcp://localhost:5555/chat as my endpoint address and it works but if i give the endpoint address like
net.tcp://localhost:5555/Mychat then does it work?
i like to know what is the convention of giving endpoint address url?
2) now regarding mex endpoint. in my service config file i disable mex like but still i saw any client can add reference like
net.tcp://localhost:5555/chat/mex how it is possible ?
when mex is disable then mex point should not be expose or accessible before client...am i right?
please guide me. thanks
Feb 06, 2014 02:30 AM|Ilikeit|LINK
Try check your second thread:
Feb 07, 2014 01:55 AM|mou_inn|LINK
i guess u r kind of googler not developer. here i post my query to attend by developer. if u do not know the answer.........then just back off from my question. i hate this kind of people who give link and only empty vessel post the link.