Last post Jan 22, 2014 04:34 AM by smirnov
Jan 22, 2014 04:07 AM|VaraPrasad098|LINK
I an new to AD concept and work. Recently i developed one application(govt) in ASP.NET C# . They are asking for login authentication must be through LDAP/AD only. So i tried so many instructions and manuals available in internet. But no one helping me to
solve my problem.
So, please any one give me some idea/help to solve my problem.
1. How to make connection in between ASP.NET application & AD server through LDAP.
2. How to validate the user entered login details with AD details by code.
3. Is it required to maintain authentication as "windows/forms" ? If it required, which is best option and how can we do it without giving problem to end user.
4. Changing/Providing the authentication in application level is enough or any modifications required in IIS when hosting. (Bcz i need to host application in Server)
5. What are the main modification need to do when Hosting the AD connected Application into Server.
These all actions must have be reflected/work in client pc. Because client satisfaction/comfortability is main now.
Please help to solve my questions...........
Jan 22, 2014 04:34 AM|smirnov|LINK
There is a lot of topics regarding same questions on this forum.
I'd suggest you read about integrated windows authentication, which uses a built-in login process and mainly the only process which is used by intranet applications. This should answer all your questions.