Last post Dec 09, 2013 03:56 PM by Dave Alessi
Dec 09, 2013 03:31 PM|Dave Alessi|LINK
I have a new W2012 R2 server that is hosting ASP.Net sites. I am getting 403 error whenever I hit any ASP.Net page. It will serve html.
I have given full access rights to everyone on the drive where the site exists. It is running asp.net 4.5. Also tried installing asp.net 3.5 but neither work.
What else could be causing thsi issue?
Dec 09, 2013 03:39 PM|Siva Krishna Macha|LINK
1. Probably AppPool mode - Classic vs Integrated? See this reference:
2. Also RequireSSL and Authorization rules could also cause the same error. Reference:
3. Please also cross check if http handler mappings are properly placed in IIS after installation.
4. Any custom authentication/ http module which requires username and password to access the website (i.e., application specific)?
5. If none of these are problems, you could try enabling the IIS logs as described in this post and could check the exact error: http://forums.asp.net/t/1245411.aspx
Hope it helps.
Please mark this as answer if this answers your question.
Dec 09, 2013 03:43 PM|Dave Alessi|LINK
My app runs with Classic (On existing site). When I try integrated, it gets Internal Server Error.
Dec 09, 2013 03:47 PM|Siva Krishna Macha|LINK
I have modified the initial post. Could you verify the other aspects as suggested as well and see if it helps?
Dec 09, 2013 03:56 PM|Dave Alessi|LINK
The sites were synched with another server using msdeploy. For some reason, the default page was not set. When I added the capability to display directory, and it worked, I figured this out. Don;t know why default page is not synched.