Last post Dec 06, 2013 08:49 AM by PatriceSc
Dec 06, 2013 06:33 AM|tftr_si|LINK
Just had a client on the phone who was experiencing issues when they log into their site.
On further inspection, they are using IE11. When I test, it seems to be putting the auth (or some kind of cookie) token into the URL. This kind of works but the site URL's are all including this token. As soon as they hit a direct URL (i.e. as they should
be formed) it gives an error.
From what I can tell, IIS/ASP.NET isn't recognising IE11 as a cookie-enabled browser! Very bad bug if this is the case.
As soon as I put IE11 into IE10 mode (and user-agent) in developer tools everything is OK again.
Could it be there is an outstanding update to be done on the server? I'm hoping for a global fix here rather than a site-by-site fix.
Dec 06, 2013 06:58 AM|PatriceSc|LINK
Try http://forums.asp.net/t/1934887.aspx , scroll down to fixes and check if you have them on your server.
Dec 06, 2013 08:18 AM|tftr_si|LINK
Urgh....what a pain. This isn't going to be an easy fix I don't think. Bit of a screw up on Microsoft's part isn't it!
Thanks for the info Patrice!
Dec 06, 2013 08:49 AM|PatriceSc|LINK
Yes, it"s a bit strange they have to fix the browser definition files whenever they ship a new IE version. On the other side, keeping your server up to date with the latest patch is likely a best practice and likely this one is also available on Windows
I plan myself to do a small test page that would show what ASP.NET thinks the browser is as a quick check page when a new browser ships (it uses
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.httprequest.browser(v=vs.110).aspx and when ASP.NET doesn't get the needed information it fall backs to a dummy browser and starts to have issues)...