Last post Sep 26, 2013 06:08 AM by Michelle Ge - MSFT
Sep 25, 2013 03:43 PM|purple_bamboo|LINK
Our customer is using AppLocker to set rules on which executables can be run on the computer. When the customer specifies a particular executable, he got the following error:
“the publisher information cannot be extracted from the specified file. ..... Reason: The object identifier does not represent a valid object. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800710D8)”
Does anyone see the same error when using AppLocker?
Thank you in advance.
Sep 26, 2013 06:08 AM|Michelle Ge - MSFT|LINK
Please refer to set the software Publishing State to the following:
1) Trust the Test Root - FALSE
2) Use expiration date on certificates - TRUE
3) Check the revocation list - TRUE
4) Offline revocation server OK (Individual) - TRUE
5) Offline revocation server OK (Commercial) - TRUE
6) Java offline revocation server OK (Individual) - TRUE
7) Java offline revocation server OK (Commercial) - TRUE
8) Invalidate version 1 signed objects - FALSE
9) Check the revocation list on Time Stamp Signer - FALSE
10) Only trust items found in the Trust DB - FALSE
Hope it’s useful for you.