Last post Sep 18, 2013 06:55 AM by GaryK26
Sep 16, 2013 12:42 PM|GaryK26|LINK
I copied the markup for an asp:UpdateProgress control from one website to another and forgot to change the
This obviously threw an error, so I corrected the property and although it is now working as expected, when I run the page through Visual Web Dev, intitally the page tab (in Internet Explorer) states "No UpdatePanel found for the AssociatedUpdatePanelID
with the original incorrect UpdatePanelID".
What is even stranger is that even if I
completely remove the UpdateProgress control from the markup and re-run the page, the same message is appearing in the IE tab.
How can I fix this?
I have tried adding the UpdateProgress back into the markup and setting the property in code behind on the first line of
Page Load event.
Sep 16, 2013 10:33 PM|Nasser Malik|LINK
Not sure what is wrong with your code. Implement
this article . I am using like this way in my projects and i never faced such like problem that you mentioned. I tested it with IE different versions even with IE10. It is working absolutely fine in cross browsers.
Sep 16, 2013 11:48 PM|chetan.sarode|LINK
Refer this -
Sep 17, 2013 06:47 AM|GaryK26|LINK
I have read through the other posts and none of them seem to address the problem that I am having.
I have even tried copy the code from the aspx and cs files, deleting the files completely and recreating.....I still get the error!
Could it be that Vis Web Dev has a reference stored somewhere in the Project?
I have created a completely new web site in VWD and added the items from my first web site.
Now when I run it, I don't get the error - which seems to suggest that something is being stored somwehere.
Can anybody advise on how to get rid of this?
Sep 17, 2013 07:39 AM|Happy Chen - MSFT|LINK
hi GaryK26 ,
From what I understand your issue is related to “No UpdatePanel found for AssociatedUpdatePanelID 'UpdatePanel1”.
Firstly, you can try to delete the path “C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319” (v4.0.30319 is my .net version) all files.
Secondly, I would suggest you to try the following workarounds:
Using UpdateProgress Control Effectively
I hope it helps you.
Sep 18, 2013 04:58 AM|GaryK26|LINK
I have tried deleting the v4.0.30319 folder, but it won't let me.
Also I have read through the suggested links, but they do not help either.
Just to reiterate, the UpdateProgress is working as expected, so my question is not about how to use the control.
My issue is that when I run the page through Visual Web Dev, as the page is loading, the Internet Explorer tab has the following:
"No UpdatePanel found for AssociatedUpdatePanelID
There is no reference to 'pnlBillings' anywhere in any of the code.
When I first created the page, I copied the UpdateProgress control from another project and forgot to change the AssociatedUpdatePanelID from 'pnlBillings' to the correct panel ID.
It seems that despite correcting this, the error is still displayed - even if I
completely remove the UpdateProgress control.
Once the page has loaded, the IE tab then has:
If I copy the code pages to my development server, I do not get the inital error in the IE tab.
What this suggests to me is that when I run the page locally, during local compile there is something being stored/cached somewhere.... I may be complteley wrong.
Sep 18, 2013 06:55 AM|GaryK26|LINK
The problem had nothing to do with Visual Web Dev!
I cleared my Internet Explorer cache and now I don't get the error.