Last post Sep 23, 2013 01:32 PM by M1N
Sep 15, 2013 03:46 PM|M1N|LINK
my Crystal reports are nor displaying on the server. All the pages work fine on my developer machine but not on the server.
I have Server 2003 sp2 IIS V6.0
SAP Crystal Report Run Time Engine 126.96.36.1995
In my web.config file I have
<section name="rptBuildProvider" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.RptBuildProviderHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null" />
I even moved the aspnet_client folder in my wwwroot directory and still no luck. I will appriciate any sugestions.
Sep 16, 2013 04:16 AM|dotnetnerd|LINK
Do you use CR v. 13? It seems the CR 13 wont work on Windows Server 2003. You need at least Windows Server 2008. CR 13 also require .net 4. version
Sep 16, 2013 11:03 AM|M1N|LINK
Yes I am using CR version 13 with .NET 4.0 . Do you know of any way of displaying .rpt files on 2003 server?
Sep 17, 2013 11:13 PM|Angie xu - MSFT|LINK
I don't have good idea to display .rpt files on Windows server 2003,
To use Crystal Reports Version=13.0.2000.0, you should install .net framework 4.0 and Windows Server 2008 or above, discussion about hosting ASP.NET web application Framework 4.0 that uses Crystal reports Viewer to render Crystal Reports Version=13.0.2000.0
1) Go to the C\inetpub\wwwroot folder on any machine that has either/or crystal report runtime engine installations.
2) Copy the aspnet_client folder in the wwwroot directory.
3) Paste this folder in the website directory folder.
Sep 18, 2013 02:51 AM|necro_mancer|LINK
First all all, I am not too sure if ASP.NET 4.0 still works on Windows 2003. PRobably, this is the root cause of the issue you experience. As far as I am concerned, Crystal Report that still works on Windows Server 2003 is Crystal Report 2008 (v12), which operates
on ASP.NET 2.
If you want to use Crystal Report v13 (2010), you need to use Windows 2008 / Windows Server 2012. The following are the things you need to make sure:
1. Please make sure you assign LOCAL SERVICE permission to your operating folder
2. Please make sure the Crystal Report version used on your code matches the one you install on the server
3. Please make sure the Crystal Report assemblies match the assembly you have on your web.config
4. Copy the aspnet_client and crystalreportviewer folder to your operating folder.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Sep 18, 2013 08:04 PM|M1N|LINK
Thank you all for your replies I actually managed to run CR 13 on 2003 server successfully by adding crystalreportviewers13 to my root directory.
Sep 21, 2013 12:24 AM|SANDY_B|LINK
can tou send me the file or setup of CR13
or from where i will get taht.. .please send me on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
thnaks in advance.
Sep 23, 2013 01:32 PM|M1N|LINK
unfortunately I can’t send you the file but I can help you with the setup if you can give me more information on your development environment .